Ways to Get Involved in the Seacoast Community:
- Contact the United Way of the Greater Seacoast and become a volunteer. There are countless opportunities for people to get involved in local organizations. The United Way's Volunteer Action Center serves as a community resource for matching volunteers with projects that suit their schedule, interests, and skills. Contact the United Way at uwgs.org
- Volunteer to provide a meal at one of the local homeless shelters such as Cross Roads House or Seacoast Family Promise.
- Organize a food drive with neighbors and friends for our local food pantry, Seacoast Family Food Pantry. Find out more at seacoastfamilyfoodpantry.org
- Donate clothing and/or household items you and your family no longer use to a local non-profit thrift store such as Fair Tide located in Kittery, Maine; Wonderland Thrift Store located in Exeter, NH; or Puddle Dock West Thrift Shop in Portsmouth.
- Participate in a beach clean up. Contact Blue Ocean Society to find out more information.
- Join a non-profit board. United Way of the Greater Seacoast manages BoardMatch to connect volunteers with appropriate non-profit board opportunities. No board experience necessary.
- Visit the website of your favorite local non-profits to view their "wish lists" or take a look at the United Way's annual volunteering and giving guide. The guide includes brief descriptions of local organizations and specific ways to help. Organize a group of friends, neighbors, colleagues or family members and work together. Often gently used items are welcome.
- Become a regular volunteer. Non-profits and the people they serve need consisent and reliable help. Give an hour a week or one Saturday a month, and you could have an enormous impact on an isolated senior or a child in need of a mentor.